Saturday, February 12, 2011

Its gonna be a Crazy day

Coming to you once again with 4 hours of sleep. I think today is gonna be crazy. San Diego is celebrating the 100th year of Naval Aviation ( since it started here) and pretty much all the hotels are at full capacity. I fortunately/ unfortunately work at a pizza joint so I seriously expect it to be slammed all day. So what the Navy is gonna do is fly a plane from every single era over San Diego bay. That means its gonna start with bi-planes and move on up through what we used in Korea, Vietnam and up until today. The cherry on top is the whole fighter wing for one of the aircraft carriers is going to fly in unison over the bay wing to wing, which is going to be crazy and Im not sure if its ever been done before. If you get the chance to watch it YOU SHOULD, I'll be working :( 


In other news Arsenal (my favorite soccer club) beat Wolves 2-0 today, keeping within 4 points of manchester united. Next week is going to be a big week for Arsenal we have the little task of playing Barcelona in the Champions league and then an FA cup match against leyton orient. Many people are writing the Gunners off from this tie, but I feel we have a genuine chance at progressing but we need to do a few things. First off we are playing barcelona not a team of axe wielding super ninjas, so our team needs to play for themselves and not let the idea of playing barcelona get in their heads. Secondly we need to get some early possession. In the ties last year barca had the ball for such lengthy periods early on it drove me mad. We need to hold the ball, which Im sure Arsenal are capable of, but what we really need to do is rough barcelona when they have the ball. We are playing at home and for gods sake Arsenal are a british club and need so show some grit this week. Get stuck in let them know who is boss. Even if Arsenal do all of these things its still going to be a really exciting match and I cant wait.

Pro tip: If you think your tea is too hot..... it is.


31 comments:

  1. I live right by there! What part of SD are you from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up in coronado, live near the college area now what about you? like your blog name by the way haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. ill try to watch it on tv or maybe on a stream online.

    ReplyDelete
  4. excellent pro tip i'll have to take that into consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. im not particularly fond of soccer, but i guess each his own

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will you whip your hair back and forth? Sorry had to ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job on your team's win, I personally don't support any of the premier league teams so remain impartial. Followed

    ReplyDelete
  8. great blog following and supporting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Arsenal were always going to win, but what a result.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wrong shaped ball for me - but following :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. arsenal is a pretty cool team but im a Manchester fan

    ReplyDelete
  12. 2 zip victory or not. It was not that exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. glad your team won and the navy plane show sounds cool wish i could see something like that

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to go to that air show. My dad was in the Air Force and I wanted to be a pilot for years, but my eyes aren't so good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm American. No I don't watch football, but I admit it's real fun too play.

    ReplyDelete
  16. No way! Lived in coronado my whole life!

    ReplyDelete
  17. despite not being a big fan of wars, the evolution of naval aviation is so damn awesome. i have to say, some planes are just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'll have to remember that about my tea..lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. cool stuff man. im from the temecula area. i miss SD a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  20. lol love the tip at the end man.

    ReplyDelete
  21. never been a soccer guy but ill have to check it out

    ReplyDelete
  22. damn i actually live in SD, but just had to go up to the bay this weekend! if only i knew before hand..

    ReplyDelete
  23. Haven't watched any soccer today. Been watching the USA Sevens Rugby, drunk.

    ReplyDelete
  24. @bobby dude what year did you graduate from chs?

    ReplyDelete