Monday, February 14, 2011

Tv


Alright guys so like any good American I love tv shows. Here is a list of some of my current favorite shows. They range from old to new. I personally go through cycles of what I like to watch and right now these are the ones that I'm really into.

1. Parks and Recreation- Starring Amy Poehler this show is in the same style of the office as a mockumentary. The reason I feel its stronger is that it can be more varied and open because its not contained to a small workplace. As well it has Rashida Jones :) oh and Aziz Ansari. Thursdays NBC

2. The IT crowd- This is probably my favorite show at the moment. Its about a small IT department in a large corporation with a boss who knows nothing about computers. It has a lot of geeky humor and is full of fresh comedic situations, which is hard to find in television these days. If your looking for a good workplace show to replace the office once Steve Carrell leaves this show might just be your cup of tea. Channel4 UK

3. Curb your Enthusiasm- Do you like Seinfeld? Do you have HBO? If you answered yes to both of these questions then you should be watching this show. Larry David ( the creator of Seinfeld) stars in this show as himself and the show is about his wacky life. One of the great things about  Curb your Enthusiasm is that it is basically unscripted. Basically Larry David and the other writers have a central narrative and at each scene dialogue is made up. It has the effect of making the show seem real and lends to the comedy as sometimes the characters cant help but laugh on the show. HBO

4. Spaced- Although this show is about 10 years old I just cant get enough of it and I felt it deserved a shout out. Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz) stars in this show about two friends who pretend to be a couple so they can rent a flat. This might sound kind of boring but honestly this show rules. It has such nerdy jokes and references to so many things I love, like Star Wars and Battle Bots, that I think I would have to really try not to like it. Give it a shot if you thought Shaun of the Dead was any good. BBC

5. Eastbound and Down- Danny Mcbride stars as Kenny motherfucking Powers, a washed up foul talking ex-professional pitcher. The show chronicles his ride back to stardom and all the sex, drugs and ridiculousness along the way. This is one of those shows that makes you laugh out loud every episode, seriously give it a chance. HBO

6. Dexter- My absolute favorite drama on television right now. In a nutshell Dexter is about a serial killer that kills serial killers. The show is dark, the writing and acting are good and oh did I mention the show has a ton of hot actresses. Yeah thats right you need to watch this. Showtime


Honorable mentions: Its always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Office, American Pickers

Cheers

45 comments:

  1. American Pickers over Pawn Stars? First time I've ever seen that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello man!! N I C E BLOG!!!!

    I wait on my blog!!!

    $upporting BRO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ive heard of Dexter alot, but i still havent checked it out. i need to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i gotta be honest... i approve of you list but i really just want to know the koi banner at the top of page

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love IT Crowd, its a hilarious show :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you like IT Crowd. Check Outsourced. Its amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dexter fan here. Its just... awesome.
    Also, I got a lot of interest in this "The IT Crowd"! I'll download some episodes later...

    Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dexter is the best... :-D
    But nice post, thanks man

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE me some Dexter. Also, Spaced and Curb Your Enthusiasm are great too.

    http://robertfunf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wasn't really into Parks & Rec until this season... good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to watch Parks and Recreation. It looked good I just haven't had time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haven't seen a lot of these but Dexter is purely amazing, I'm rewatching all the seasons with my gf now because she has never seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Bachelor isn't on your list?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Also if you're into the IT Crowd check out Black Books - it's by the same writers

    ReplyDelete
  15. Im in love with Jen from the IT crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am downloading some IT crowd right now! Thanks for turning me onto the show!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amy Poehler is freaking hilarious. Never been a big fan of Dexter myself, but I can see the appeal.

    http://thepropulsionalgorithm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Always wanted to see Dexter, but it's on HBO or something. Just got into Always Sunny in Philadelphia - good show!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just started watching the IT crowd today, great show!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Please get out of my brain. I love all these shows. P&C is a lot like the office, but Aziz is just way too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i've been watching uk skins, parks and rec, archer, american dad (always) andddd? i think that's it. i usually watch more per week but don't enjoy them that much.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yeah Dexter is one of my favorites too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The Office and IASIP in the honorable mentions? For shame, good sir. For shame.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's a ncie list you have there. Very good taste. Followed.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Curb your Enthusiasm :amen:

    Following

    ReplyDelete
  26. @ wobbles- Like I said this is a list of what I love the most right now, if I had made this blog a year ago those two would have most certainly been on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hmmm...I might actually check these out. I practically never watch tv anymore, got tired of the reruns.

    ReplyDelete
  28. IT crowd is juz awesome.. Unique cast and love all the three and the new boss as well..
    He has magnetic voice and I like Moss better than anyone.
    We laugh all thro midnite

    ReplyDelete
  29. Parks and rec is awesome. I'm glad that girl got a role outside of mad tv.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Solid list, you should check out Justified.

    ReplyDelete
  31. The IT crowd it great to watch, it's pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Needs more Breaking Bad, but a solid list.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow I love IT crowd, I'm up to season 4 now :D

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh shit, I remember I saw Curb your Enthusiasm once and I really liked it, I didn't even know what it was called until now. My friend kept asking me to watch it but I never did, because let's be honest, it doesn't sound good.

    I'm gonna have to start watching it, thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Of this list I think dexters the best by far.

    Serial killer with morals, just an awesome idea to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  36. the I.T. crowd is one of my favorite shows

    ReplyDelete
  37. Curb your Enthusiasm is frickin' hilarious. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Just got into Dexter recently through netflix, Great show.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hm. I'm unsure with Dexter so far down, but it's your list I guess. :D
    I live in sweden, I the only shows on this list that I have heard/seen is Always sunny in Philadelphia, the Office and Dexter. The others I haven't even heard about.

    Which is a shame...

    ReplyDelete
  40. love IT Crowd, they're hilarious

    ReplyDelete